Modern Acupuncture refers to the insertions and manipulations of fine needles into the musculoskeletal system, (muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints)
Acupuncture helps to speed up recovery from aches, pain, stiffness and injuries and works well alongside Osteopathic techniques.
- Pain relief – by interfering with pain signals to the brain and by causing the release of endorphins (natural pain killers)
- Increases blood flow to an area – thus encouraging the natural healing process
- Helps relax muscle tightness
- Helps with psychological tension, by producing a calming effect
- Balances the nervous and hormonal system, giving a regulatory effect
- It is an alternative treatment method